Wednesday 7 November 2012

Special: Near 7 Years Fandom

So, what is this fandom of mine?

Tah-dah~

It's Final Fantasy Yuna's...


beautiful earrings!


See, see?

Don't look at the person, look at her earrings! Ehehe...

 I still remembered when I first playing Final Fantasy X, back in 2005, I was really fond of this ornament Yuna is wearing at her right side of her face. I even made the ornament and strung it in a long string.

I, then posed in front of the mirror, tried to figure out how does Yuna wears this ornament? Does she hang the ornament onto her hair? Later in the game, I found out that that ornament is an earring... Haha, silly me...
The ornament I made was then converted into and earring, it was hanged onto my actually earring though. I often wore it and posed myself in front of the mirror in my room, playing Yuna. I wonder where that earring had gone... That was the one and only earring I made back then...

My fandom for Yuna's earrings grew even more with Final Fantasy X-2 which shows Yuna's earrings in details... I love watching FMVs featuring Yuna and watch her earrings dangling... Haaa... I fell in love...

Then I started to google images of Yuna earrings, and I even have a collection of images of Yuna earrings made by other people. I will never get tired of looking at those images. >v<

For Yuna cosplay pictures, the first part that I will look is the earrings. If I love the earrings, I will definitely favorite the picture. Haha, I'm so choosy...

My fandom continued several years later, in mid 2011, I made two Yuna's earrings in cellphone charm version:


On the left side is the first charm I made, and on the right side is the second.

For the first one, I used a pencil to make the center long bead, and some air-dry clay I bought online to make the teardrop-shaped bead and the upper post. The tassel was made of embroidery thread. I glued all of the parts together with super glue, and it didn't last for even a night... Haha...

Then, for the second one, I used a colored pencil for the long bead. I managed to make a hole by splitting the colored pencil body into half, remove the lead, and glued the pieces back together... Lots of work, I know. I strung all the beads starting from up to bottom, with the teardrop bead and tassel glued to the upper beads. It last for quite sometime, but the bottom bead kept falling off, I once lost the bead, and made a new one, almost lost it, but then found again. I lost the teardrop bead and tassel completely several months later, and I gave up and switch to other cellphone charms... What's left are the ones you saw in the above picture... Haha...

However, that was when I didn't know about jewelry findings thingies...


This is the newest version of Yuna earring cellphone charm I've made several months ago. For this one, I used small tube, cut into several pieces, stuffed with soft clay, painted with acrylic paint, added details; crisscross and triangle stripes (made from super light air-dry clay), and coated with nail polish. The teardrop bead is also made from super light air-dry clay, painted with acrylic paint, and coated with nail polish. I should have make the small earrings too, but I couldn't wait to attach the charm to my cellphone, I ended up leaving the charm as it is. :P


As I was making the cellphone charm, I was making a real-size earring as well. It is the CG movies version. The process of making the earring is the same as the cellphone charm, the differences are I used tube of a marker pen's body for the large earring, and  I tried using clay to make the crisscross and triangle stripes, but the thickness is not consistent, I ended up using a regular photocopy paper instead. I also made the smaller earrings as well. Once the large earring is finished, I tried wearing it to test the weight. It is lightweight, and I wore it the whole day, and had fun playing Yuna all day long. Ehehe...


I was so happy with the earring, and I made two other earrings to be sold on Etsy. I opened an account on Etsy only to sell these earrings. One is made to follow Yuna's concept artwork by Mr. Tetsuya Nomura, and the other is as appeared in the game CG movies. The earrings are sold out though...

I'm planning on making more of these earrings,  so for those who are planning to cosplay as Yuna, do check out my [Etsy Shop]. >w<

I believe these earrings are not the only Yuna-related things I'm going to make... @w@


No comments:

Post a Comment